championship in Malmo,

Auteur Sujet: championship in Malmo,  (Lu 46 fois)

Hors ligne shushu

• Старший фейерверкер
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Модель ресивера: 123
championship in Malmo,
« le: 14 février 2019, 05:17:26 »
ANAHEIM, Calif. - The width of Alec Martinezs shin guard was the difference between the Los Angeles Kings and the Anaheim Ducks in their playoff series opener. Corey Perry had the puck on his stick with a nearly open net early in overtime, but Martinez managed to block the shot by the Ducks best goal-scorer. It happened in an instant, but both players were still thinking about the pivotal play a day later as they prepared for Game 2 on Monday night. "I guess I channeled my inner goalie, playing in the driveway when I was younger," Martinez said Sunday after the latest round of congratulations for his game-saving block. "I just tried to get in front of it, and maybe got a little bit lucky, too." No hockey game turns on one play, and the Kings wouldnt have even made it to overtime without Marian Gaboriks tying goal with 7 seconds left in regulation in their 3-2 win. Several minutes after Martinezs big save, Gaboriks game-winner put the Kings up 1-0 in the second round with their fifth consecutive playoff victory. Both teams expect a long, taxing series between evenly matched opponents with a thorough mutual familiarity. They wont be surprised if more games in the series come down to one blocked shot, one extra pass or one big save. Perry still wont soon forget his missed opportunity to put the Ducks in front in the series. "Ive seen it a few times," said a grimacing Perry, who scored 43 goals in the regular season and two more in the first round against Dallas. "I was up for a while. You think about what it could have been. "He made a great play," Perry added. "I thought I had an open net, and obviously I tried to put it in, but he just got his leg on it, and I missed the rebound. Hopefully its a different bounce next time." Even before the late theatrics, the Southern California rivals first playoff meeting was every bit as entertaining as expected. The Kings have little trouble winning on the road, while the Ducks were a dominant home team this season — but neither team is likely to have a distinct home-ice advantage. "I thought the atmosphere was great," Kings forward Justin Williams said. "A lot of times when youre on the road, all you want to hear is silence. But there wasnt even much silence when we scored. There was a lot of Kings fans there and a lot of support for us, so that was the extra added element to the game. Usually when you score an overtime goal, its crickets in the building, and we heard a little something, so Kings fans are making their way down the freeway." Perry, Ryan Getzlaf and Teemu Selanne all had big moments for the Ducks, who controlled play for long stretches and got a strong performance from new starting goalie Jonas Hiller. Anaheim still couldnt capitalize on its opportunities to pull away, failing to crack the NHLs best defence with its habitually struggling power play. The Ducks might have more offensive ability than the Kings, but they also know it wont matter unless it leads to goals. "We didnt bury our few chances," Getzlaf said. "I dont think theyve changed much. Theyre still the team we know. Theyve just upped their intensity, and weve got to match it." The defence-minded Kings have been impressive offensively during their playoff winning streak. Los Angeles has 21 goals in its last five games, and Anze Kopitar has become the post-seasons leading scorer so far. The Kings are scoring well, but their defensive depth became even shallower in victory: Veteran defenceman Jeff Schultz could make his debut for Los Angeles in Game 2 if injured Willie Mitchell and Robyn Regehr must sit out. Down to five healthy defencemen for much of Game 1 at Honda Center, the Kings still managed to limit the Ducks to two goals. "I had a little chat with (coach Darryl Sutter), and he said, Just go out there and play," said Schultz, who played for Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau in Washington during his 399 games of NHL experience. "Its hard to replace a guy like Robyn, but I feel like Im capable of doing a similar job to what he can do." http://www.atleticomadridpro.com/Kids-Thomas-Partey-Jersey/ . Halak, 28, split his eighth NHL seasons between the St. Louis Blues, Buffalo Sabres and Washington Capitals, compiling a 29-13-7 record in 52 games. http://www.atleticomadridpro.com/Kids-Lucas-Hernandez-Jersey/ . With a win tonight, Buehrle will match Yankees ace Masahiro Tanaka for the most wins in the majors with 11. Buehrle is 10-4 with a 2.32 earned run average, but has lost his last three starts, including a 7-3 setback at Yankee Stadium last Wednesday. http://www.atleticomadridpro.com/Kids-Filipe-Luis-Jersey/ . Louis Cardinals placed outfielder Allen Craig on the 15-day disabled list with a right knee contusion on Sunday. http://www.atleticomadridpro.com/Kids-Blank-Jersey/ .com) - The Pittsburgh Penguins will try to complete a sweep of the Washington Capitals when the clubs cap a quick home-and-home series Tuesday night in the Steel City. http://www.atleticomadridpro.com/Kids-Antonio-Adan-Jersey/ . Join World Soccer Pickem 2014 for your chance to win $5,500 in cash prizes by picking the winner of each game all the way through to the tournament final. Will you ride a favourite such as Spain or Germany, or cast your lot with an underdog like Ivory Coast or Mexico? Perhaps key victories from Netherlands or the United States will be your key to victory.MONTREAL -- Benoit Groulx says it will take more than flashy statistics to ensure a spot on Canadas junior hockey team. The Gatineau Olympiques head coach will lead Canada in its quest to end its gold medal drought at the 2015 world junior hockey championship held in Montreal and Toronto at the end of this year. As Groulx begins naming players to his roster over the next two weeks, he wants to look beyond goals and assists when sending out invitations to training camp. He and the rest of the coaching staff are looking to reinvent the selection process that has proved unsuccessful in the last tournaments. "Recent history has shown us that being a hundred-point guy on a first line is no longer enough at the Juniors," Groulx said from Montreal on Thursday, after Hockey Canada introduced him as the teams head coach. "Our players have to raise their game. These are players who will one day be in the National Hockey League. They have the talent, but can they elevate their play? "Thats the message were sending. The level weve competed at these last few years simply wasnt enough." Canada is suffering through a five-year gold medal drought at the tournament after winning five consecutive years between 2005 and 2009. The teams last medal, a bronze, came in 2012. Groulx was an assistant coach at the 2014 junior championship in Malmo, Sweden, where Canada finished fourth after losing to Russia in the bronze-medal game. The 46-year-old says only elite players can challenge for the top of the podium. "We need guys who are self-driven, who are relentless, guys who want to make the difference," said the Hull, Que., native. "We need hundred-point players who are ready to make changes, ready to play out of their comfort zones. To win that championship, you need world-class players." Canada has 11 players eligible to return from last years squad, including goalie Zachary Fucale and forwards Jonathan Drouin, Curtis Lazar and NHL prospect Sam Reinhart. The teams one-week development camp begins Aug. 9 in Montreal. The Canadians will also host an exhibition tournament involving the Russian and Czech national junior teams which will be held in Montreal and Sherbrooke, Que. The goal is to keep competitiveness high as the world junior championship approachees.dddddddddddd "Those are two great countries, two teams that we lost to last year," said Hockey Canadas Scott Salmond. "Any time you can bring those teams back in a competitive environment, and send a message to them, its great. Its not a summer camp, its a competition, and we want to play there to win." After the exhibition games, Canada opens the 11-day tournament on Dec. 26 with a group game against Slovakia in Montreal. Canada will play its four round-robin matches at Montreals Bell Centre. The Canadians are in Group A with the United States, Finland, Slovakia and Germany. Toronto will welcome teams from Group B, which includes Russia, Denmark, the Czech Republic, Sweden, and Switzerland. The gold-medal game will take place at the Air Canada Centre on Jan. 5. Groulx wouldnt guarantee Canada would make it to the ACC for that final, but he is relishing the opportunity to play in front of the home crowd. Incidentally, Groulx would have coached a national junior team on home soil in 2009 had he not resigned. After initially accepting Hockey Canadas invitation, he later took a head coach position with the Rochester Americans of the American Hockey League. Groulx says theres no changing course this time around. "Montreal and Toronto are two of the most passionate sports cities in Canada, and even in North America," he said. "Its a huge challenge that I look forward to. Pressure will be good for us. Whens theres pressure like that, people are very aware of it. Playing in Montreal and Toronto forces us to prepare adequately. "People in Canada expect us to win. For us, thats the ultimate. But our focus is on the process more than anything else." Notes: With 15 gold medals, Canada is the most successful country in the competitions 38-year history. a Dave Lowry (Victoria Royals of the Western Hockey League) and Scott Walker (Guelph Storm of the Ontario Hockey League) will be Groulxs assistant coaches. a Finland won last years tournament, beating Sweden in the final game. a Groulx took the Gatineau Olympiques to three Memorial Cup appearances, in 2003, 2004 and 2008. ... Hockey Canada also named the coaching staff for Canadas under-18 team. Head coach Derek Laxdal will be joined by assistants Jody Hull and Eric Veilleux. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '